Friday, April 1, 2011

AMERICAS CUP RACE




The race on Thursday went better than I anticipated. However, now that it is over I know I could have slid better than I did. My original goal was…. to not come in last place….mission accomplished there. But really I just wanted to bring home some hardware and win my first medal. Which would require me to get top 6. I got 7th, so close! In reality I was not really close to 6th place. The difference in the times from 6th to 7th place was wide enough that I would have needed an amazing 2nd run to move up a spot. So I got a solid 7th place.

My first run was a 57 something…I was super happy with that, but again tripped on my push...still pushed a 5.63 though which is good. During my second run I pushed a pr of 5.56, but my down time was almost a second slower ☹

Team USA overall, did pretty well. The girls got 5th, 6th, and 7th place. The guys got a 3rd and 6th place. There was an awards ceremony afterwards where they played the anthem of the winning country and handed out medals to those on the podium…Kinda cool. Competing with other countries…even cooler. Representing the USA….the best part haha. Yeah I’m being corny…but it was awesome haha.

The final results from the Americas Cups race are here.
http://www.fibt.com/index.php?id=63&event=26378&L=0

The article on national champs is here.
http://bobsled.teamusa.org/news/2011/03/05/oshea-and-antoine-named-u-s-skeleton-national-champions/41254?ngb_id=23

The race was really fun and I am already excited for next season! I was told that all of us competing were probably going to be invited to team trials which I’m reallly happy about because now ill get put on a tour/circuit next season!
…..Now I just have to figure out school…..

The season now is officially done now that Americas cup is over. I have mixed feelings about that. Overall it was a realllly good season. However, I don’t want to stay here at the OTC or Lake Placid over the summer because I miss home, warm weather, and family and friends. At the same time I don’t want to leave either because that means I have to go back to the real world. Where I have to juggle school, work, and working out. Where I live with my parents, and have to pay for gas again. I feel a bit homeless haha.

Times like these make me wish I had a normal college experience because in college summer = work and play. My summer = school, work, working out….maybe some play. Yeah I’m being a little over dramatic but it does seem daunting when the whole summer is ahead of me. 6 months and ill be back in LP though!

No comments:

Post a Comment