Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Week 1

All right, So I have been in LP for a little over a week now, although it feels more like a month. I have been doing some kind of work out every day except Friday and Sunday. Because I have races every Friday and Sunday the gym isn’t open.

I got pretty beat up this week. Banged my elbow so hard into a wall that it took some time to get it to bend properly afterwards. I got more bruises on my hips from the saddle of the sled banging into my side as I skid into walls. Ripped a hole in the knee of my spandex. I don’t remember how I got it but I have a bruise there as well. I got my final set of bruises during my race on Friday, on the bottom of my chin from catching air out of a turn and landing with my chin bouncing on the ice.

The race this Friday was more of just a practice race for me because Its not really helpful for me to try to win my first race after having my first full week sliding from the top… for 2 reasons. 1. I was on a school sled so I’m going to go slower than those on there own sleds. And 2. Because everyone here has slid for longer than I have, so if I were to worry about times a lot right now it will only worry me and hurt my ego haha.

As far as times go I didn’t come in last! I got 7th. But my push time was the fastest out of all the girls that were there. Which is awesome for how little time I have had to learn the right technique. The girl who normally gets the fastest times wasn’t there so I would rather think that I have second fastest.

Yesterday I found a new sled to rent for 300. It’s a 99 Davenport. I have to find Davenport runners to put on it, which will cost me another 400 at least. A pair of new Davenport runners cost between 700 and 800 dollars. Goodbye graduation money.

Socially, I feel as though I am back in High School. There is a cool kids table, which I like to call the winners circle, and then everyone else. No I don’t get to sit at the cool table. Haha. There is also more drama than I thought adults were capable of. Rumors, gossip, ect. In a place as small as this I guess it is inevitable.

Being the youngest here has positive and negative effect. Positive: its ok that I have no idea what im doing, as far as how to put the sled together, put in my rock, and how to do a power clean correctly. Negative: I feel like a child a lot haha, and all the guys are..about 24 or older so…I feel out of the age range haha. Which can be a good thing. Don’t worry dad, there’s no potential dudes.

5 comments:

  1. We miss you at the BUSH nothing the same with you not here but were managing. We all wish you the best of luck.

    P.s. jamie still wants your autograph
    P.s.s. this doesn't count as my updates you promised me

    -Beattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your first week! hopefully week 2 will be bruise-free....
    funny how nothing changes (drama, gossip etc) we all just get older : )
    aunt shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. love u and miss u best friend <3. a sleepover is needed soon. cant wait to see u again and have my cry session. lol. ur awesome for doing this and i give u mad props. i look up to u as a person and taking this "once in a life time" opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You over-estimate the maturity level of most "adults", and it's really just a "guideline" anyway. LOL... keep having fun, try not to hurt that pretty face (you'll need it someday... when you try to be "adult") I'll see you at 4th of July.
    luv ya

    ReplyDelete