Sunday, February 27, 2011

Empire State Games






The Empire State games were held this week. Most of the skeleton athletes here competed. I didn’t do very well, and it was my first official race so…oh well. I got 8th out of 13. My second run was so much worse than my first. I went into curves 8-12 late and it slowed down my run a lot.

The ESG had an opening ceremony where we all marched in under our sport into the ice hockey arena. Kind of like the Olympics. They lit a flame, had a bronze medalist speak, and it was televised. Everyone got a sweat suit and hat if you signed up to participate. So everyone in the arena was matching. Id say there were about 200 athletes there? Maybe 300, about 100 of them were figure skaters.

Bought my first speed suit and brush spikes this week. I feel pretty legit now. Not like a nube in my track spikes and under armor compression clothes. I’ll work on putting up some pictures.

Nationals are this weekend. I wish I could say I was excited but I’m really just more interested to see how it turns out and to get to watch the world cup athletes slide. Mom and Dad are coming up so they’ll get to see more of what I try to explain to them. Maybe they’ll take some video of me sliding and I can post it up here.

I might be coming home in the next 3 weeks if I don’t get picked for the FIBT driving school or the Americas Cup race in April. I’m still crossing my fingers but I think I have to do really well at nationals to get picked. Going home is going to be weird, I’m going to talk to normal people again?? Right now I would be really excited at the thought of interacting with people that I don’t compete with every day. But ill miss my crazy LP family for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Remember the power of positive thinking and hard work!!! You will do great, can't wait to see all of the craziness in action!!! Love the photos
    Your the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can dream it, you can achieve it. Live your dream Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U Go Girl!!!! We all know you can do anything you put your mind to!!!

    Go For It!!!

    The Skillmans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reposting your blog! Congratulations on all of your achievements. Sounds like you are having fun. Now "Go Meghan Go!!" Good luck and I look forward to viewing your success!!
    Cynthia Machado

    ReplyDelete