Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Countdown to Next Season



I’ve been home for a little over month now and I’d say things are going pretty well. My schedule is a little hectic. School from 8am to 5pm twice a week, working at the pool 3 days a week, and working at the winery on the weekends. I work about 9 hours on Saturday and Sunday and sometimes go straight from one job to the other. And when I get home sometimes I work out until 10 at night. I sleep like a baby in pretty much all of my free time…if I’m not doing homework. Let me just say if Accounting had a face…I would punch it. Worst. Class. Ever.
Honestly I thought doing all of this was going to be a lot harder than it actually is. I’m actually kind of enjoying being busy, keeping me out of trouble in a sense ;) And NOVA Community college has actually turned out to be more entertaining than expected. My marketing professor went on a rampage about marijuana scented shampoo today.

Another bright side of being busy is seeing improvements pretty much all around. I can already power clean about 20 kilo more than I did last September. And squats are making good progress too. I am taking the combine test in LP in July and I’m hoping to go and kick some ass.

In other news I am officially attending Penn State in the fall. Penn State is the only school where I can take classes online during the season in Lake Placid, and then go live and take classes on campus during the summer. Getting into PSU is a bigger deal to me than I think some people know. If I hadn’t gotten into PSU then I would have seriously considered returning to UMW in the fall and being done with skeleton. Like I have said…as much as I love skeleton, I do value my education more. I was always stressed about the day I would have to choose between the two. This is going to sound like the corniest thing in the world but getting into PSU was honestly a dream come true because I no longer have to choose between pursuing a dream and securing my future. I have the best life. …now if only I could get a sponsor.

I am in the process of ordering a sled, technically I have already ordered it but I haven’t had to pay anything yet. The sled costs about $5,000 and a pair of runners cost another $650. On top of that I have to fly to either London, or Calgary to get fitted for the sled because it’s going to be made just for me. More money. (Note the donation button) Here’s the link to where I’m getting the sled. http://www.bromley-aet.com/page.php?25
I am so excited to go back to LP! I’ve never really been the friend that’s stays in touch but I miss the LP fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment